Monday 19 May 2008

Cognitive Assessment


Received and answerphone message form occ health with an appointment date for the cognitive assessment and was told that they would get back to me once they have recieved the report.

I find this very unsettling, it doesnt feel right to me that my workplace will get the information on my cognitive impairment before i do!

Im really not comfortable with such intimate information being relayed to me in this way.
I have decided i am going to request that i see the report and have a chance to recieve feedback directly from the neuropsychologist.

All other medical information Ihave had to give consent for it to be made available to occ health, as far as im concerned this is no different.
Afterall, if i was having any other medical tests, i would expect to find out the results first.
Yes the company are paying for this assessment, but feel this should be handled more sensitively.
My partner isnt available to come with me on the original date i was given , so i have re-arranged it for the 27th. Feel Im going to need some support.

No comments: