Tuesday 18 December 2007

Please dont...

PLEASE DON'T…

Don't assume because I look well
That I feel well.
Looks can be very deceiving.
Many days I look great but I feel terrible.
Don't ask me how I feel unless you really want to know.
You may heara lot more than you are prepared to listen to.
Don't tell me you know how I feel.
No-one knows how anyone else feels.
Two people with the same disease may feel totally different.
Don't tell me about your Aunt Gertrude
And her MS and how well she managed in spite of it.
I am not Aunt Gertrude and I'm doing my best.
Don't tell me" It could be worse."
Yes, it could be ,but I don't need to be reminded.
Don't decide what I am capable of doing.
Allow ME to decide what activities I can do.
There may be times I make the wrong
Decision, and if I do I'll know it soon enough.
Don't be upset that I cannot ease my problems.
It won't do any good for any of us to be miserable.
Don't assume that because I did a certain activity yesterday
that I can do it again today.
MS is ever changing.
Do realise that I am Angry and
frustrated with the disease -
NOT WITH YOU

No comments: