Thursday 29 November 2007

Its been a strange day.. is it really only 10 past 9.- feel like 12.00pm
totally disorientated with time, guess thats because ive been up and back to bed three times today. think the anaesthetic / antiinflamm dr pumped into me around the areas he was rummaging in my back with the needle , is wearing off, its much worse today .
just been looking through redundancy calculations ( i know i should be resting , but i feel i need to do some more for my peice of mind to help move things on a bit )

To clarify on previous posts ,as I work for a large multinational company( yes it does rub on my ethics) , redundancy would be more than the Statutory package.
just done some rough redundancy calculations doesnt make things much clearer in the way of which outcome ,ill health retirement or redundancy would be better for me.
lots of people have said they think ill heath retirement would be better package, but need to find out what that would look like.
On the redundancy side the difference between calculating the whole of my 14 yrs service on my current parttime salary and prorata (10 yrs full + 4yrs reduced hrs) is £14,402 . quite a difference (big difference to me, its not much to such a large company though) cant really let that slip by without challenging .. got to pass those figures to the union now i guess there is a consultation process happening at the moment , and i know others in different circumstances are raising this. even if it gets thrown out , i think my circumstances are exceptional as i was forced to reduce my hrs due to ill health.
still no joy finding out what ill health retirement pension would look like.

Still pausing at the fork in the road..gathering information

No comments: