Tuesday 18 March 2008

Im listening.. alarm too deafening to ignore!




ok ok , Im listening!
I now fully recognise and acknowledge that I have foolishly compromised my quality of life for years trying to attend work, for the fear of loosing my job- to the extent that I have relinquished ALL leisure activities on my non -working days just to make sure I recovered enough and was fit for work,. I just CANT do that any longer.


After six years of continous struggle with severe back pain and full body spasms after a injury to my back .After numerous surgical interventions and many unsuccessful phases of phased return to work I was forced to reduce my working contact to three days a week, over three years ago .
I foolishly struggled to maintain this reduced 3 day a week contract for three long years , spending my non-working time recovering form the effects of working and severely curtailing leaisure activities in order to be “ok” for work.

After further failed surgical interventions and unsuccessful phases of phased return to work and a diagnosis of MS , I was not even managing 3hrs 3 days a week. It was at a point that I had to STOP trying to struggle into work three months ago and have been off sick since then.

I have foolishly compromised my quality of life for years trying to attend work, for the fear of loosing my job- to the extent that I have relinquished ALL leisure activities on my non -working days just to make sure I recovered enough and was fit for work,. I just CANT do that any longer.



have meant I have been unable to carry out many normal day-to-day activities.
I am no longer able to enjoy many leisure activities and I have had to make changes to my career path and reduce my working hours. Work involving standing has proved impossible resulting in change in role involving desk duties. Sitting for too long also triggers my back spasms.

Over the years I have put my commitment to work as the overriding priority.
Since 2003 have struggled to maintain a reduced working commitment of 23 hrs by severely limiting leisure activities for the fear of being unable to attend work. Latterly I spent my non-working days purely recovering in order to be well enough.
As a result my physical, emotional and spiritual standard of living has been seriously affected and diminished…from not being able to learn to drive, do my gardening, walk my dog to carrying out any activities that involve sitting or standing for too long.
Day-to –day activities that I took for granted when I was fit and healthy eg, ironing, washing up and cooking a meal are now an enormous struggle and have been neglected on order to preserve my physical status in order to work.

A more recent decline in my health due to the further deterioration of my back condition and the combination MS symptoms has meant that gradual return to my working 23hrs a week has not been possible.
And at the last point of the return to work programme a vastly reduced 3-4 hours daily over 3 working days is not attainable*
The day-to-day variability of my physical capabilities has meant frequent absences from work.
When I could get to into work I struggle through my working hrs* knowing that I would most probably be laid up at the end of the working day retiring to bed taking medications, unable to get myself a meal and take basic care of myself.
With a dual diagnosis and combined symptoms I am experiencing due to MS and back condition there is no further scope for compromising my quality of life and self care. I have realise that I have reached a point where I need to prioritise managing my health conditions and maintenance of my health above all else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is lot of work load every day.
But the humans couldn't manage them everyday.
They need rest to relieve from them.
They are using the alarm clock to wake it a correct time.
It is so useful.
But due to them, they don't care the alarm sound.
They could sleep very well.
At that time they will acts as deaf to ignore this...
============================
mac
Dual Diagnosis
Dual Diagnosis