Sunday 23 March 2008

I appologise

This whole ill health retirement thing sure is physically and emotionally draining.
Its been a couple of months now since i decided to stop struggling to build up on my return to work programme, having ground to a stand still and not even making 3 hrs, three days a week..no way id get to already reduce contract of three full days!!!

In the last month, i was starting to get a glipse of how my health could be managed without trying to sturggle to work. A brief glimpse of how i could have some degree of quality of life, and i was even finding my way with a routine of regular rest periods through out the day , eating properly and managing my time limiting my activities and posture to 15 minute blocks,to enable some of those things that makes life worth living.
This brief reprieve from constant health appointments, meetings etc, has made any wavering with doubts as to whether i should go this route diminish hugely.
I know this is the way to go, ive seen just how much better i can be given the chance to be able to "manage" my health conditions.

But ,now im in the throws of more medical reviews, report writing and worry.
Its been the worse time of my life, so many ups and downs, fits and starts of the ill health retirement process. I realy hope im comming to the last leg of the journey now.
I have been trying to keep this blog upto date, in the hope that it may help others who are going or will go though the similar thing- im aware its not always very cheery reading though. For that i appologise. But its a real account of my experience, and its hard to be objective.
When this ill health retirement process has reached its conclusion- i hope to be able to relect a bit more objectively and offer some help to others who may be having to navigate their way along a similar path.

No comments: